Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I... need a little help; And a question  (Read 1912 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
I... need a little help; And a question
« on: August 07, 2010, 08:36:20 am »

Hello community...
Ok, firstly, i just started out, and have a minor issue. Most of my fingers have been cut off and im missing a foot (Dont ask how i got myself into this, unless you really want to know  :)) In any case, now im starving to death, and i cant stand up. I think im going to die at this rate, which i dont think is too unusual...

And my question is, what can you do if you lose a limb? Can you get it back my any means?

Hope to hear from someone soon.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I... need a little help; And a question
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 08:44:23 am »

Sir, this isn't a place that encourages running out of your house with a copper spear and killing lions. While yes, that would be badass, it would end up just like you did.

Oh who am I kidding that's my dream from yesterday.

First off, you can take the limb and destroy a civilisation with it. You can't "get" it back in any other way, since self-surgery isn't implemented, and won't be for long I guess.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 08:45:34 am »

your not getting those fingers or that foot back, but you might want to let them heal to see if you could still use them. (T)raveling out of their IF you manage to stop bleeding, could heal up most of your wounds and restore your hunger, along with reducing chances of infection. if you have a backpack, then you don' need real hands to pick up stuff with, just (r)emove an item and it will go to "hauled" instead of "left/right hand"
best thing you could do 'bout that foot is to get a crutch, if you throw it, but not drop it, it might still count as you holding it.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 08:57:47 am »

Ok, i basically curled up in a corner and bled to death - In future, ill be a little more careful  :D
Thanks for the help and the rapid response
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 12:07:41 pm »

Note that you can use crutches from your old fortresses if you lost a leg. It will cost you a free hand, so if you have only one left make sure its made of platinum and menaces with plenty of spikes! (well the spikes dont realy do anything but the thought is nice)

Though if you cant stop bleeding your pretty much dead. The only self medication I found so far (saving a cheating with modding doesnt count I guess?) is wrapping some cloth around my hands, whether they are hurt or not... maybe he thinks its for boxing.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 11:59:55 am »

So by mistake browsing the adventure mode forum (instead of DF mode), Ah, a question! I shall help!

Hello community...
Ok, firstly, i just started out, and have a minor issue. Most of my fingers have been cut off and im missing a foot (Dont ask how i got myself into this, unless you really want to know  :)) ...

Oh, that poor person, how does he type to play?

Waaaiiit. *sigh*
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 09:38:09 pm »

So by mistake browsing the adventure mode forum (instead of DF mode), Ah, a question! I shall help!

Hello community...
Ok, firstly, i just started out, and have a minor issue. Most of my fingers have been cut off and im missing a foot (Dont ask how i got myself into this, unless you really want to know  :)) ...

Oh, that poor person, how does he type to play?

Waaaiiit. *sigh*
Well, i just use my spare foot.