Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Filling a pond.  (Read 8533 times)

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: Filling a pond.
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 10:30:42 am »

About ponds:
You're not AT ALL supposed to designate the area marked "empty space". You zone the walking spot where the dwarf is going to stand and empty his bucket. If no suitable tile is around him (said empty space) he will return an error. This is the same as water sources (it however works either way with streams, because dwarves can stand on them anyway).

Designating "empty space", the dwarves don't even bother getting their buckets. Also, AFAIK, only one dwarf will try to fill a zone. If you want, say, 3 dwarves filling it simultaneously, you should create 3 separate one-tile zones around the hole.

Unless something has changed in the last version, and I have no reason to believe it has, it still works this way.
[/quote]

Ugh.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 10:33:04 am »

Don't Dwarves need "a bucket full of water" in order to make Gypsum Plaster Casts? A few full buckets might be useful to have around.
They actually do casts? Never saw that. Only splints. Hmm. Gotta try and check.
I've had four casts put on my wounded Dwarves... it takes months, probably because buckets already filled with water are rare. There's currently a bug that causes a Dwarf who is filling a medical bucket at a well to go into an endless trance.

EDIT- Here's one:

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:57:32 pm by blue emu »
Never pet a burning dog.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 03:46:31 pm »

Well, apparently I was wrong about the zone position (it used to be that way), now you zone over the empty space.

Still, only ONE dwarf will fill a zone with water. Multiple dwarves require multiple zones.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 04:49:25 pm »

Don't Dwarves need "a bucket full of water" in order to make Gypsum Plaster Casts? A few full buckets might be useful to have around.
They actually do casts? Never saw that. Only splints. Hmm. Gotta try and check.
I've had four casts put on my wounded Dwarves... it takes months, probably because buckets already filled with water are rare. There's currently a bug that causes a Dwarf who is filling a medical bucket at a well to go into an endless trance.

Designate a pond somewhere, wait for a dwarf to pick up a bucket and fill it, then remove the zone before he can dump it. Forbid every bucket except the one with water. The medic will pick that one up and apply the cast immediately.
Pages: 1 [2]