Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Im just getting started what version should I get.  (Read 813 times)

kenyon1212

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Im just getting started what version should I get.
« on: August 10, 2010, 01:04:06 pm »

Well I was reading a tutorial and the trees, rocks and just plain every thing locked better then the version I have. What version is that?

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Im just getting started what version should I get.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 01:07:16 pm »

Well I was reading a tutorial and the trees, rocks and just plain every thing locked better then the version I have. What version is that?

It's likely the tutorial says what version it is.  You could check out the lazy newb pack

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 03:22:03 pm »

The actual versions of the game use the same graphics.  What you saw was a tileset.  It could have been a number of things.  The Mayday version uses a tileset by default, however.  http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php  That's all probably in the lazy newb pack, but I'm too lazy even to look at it.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

HatfieldCW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 03:43:24 pm »

Lazy newb pack has supplanted Mayday for me, I like how that tileset (phoebus I guess?) shows values for gem clusters and ore veins, and identifies coal and plaster sources before I get diggin'.
I brake for stumble bumblings