Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your favorite statues  (Read 910 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Your favorite statues
« on: May 19, 2015, 09:37:44 am »

Some of the statue descriptions are pretty cool or pretty funny. 

I'm playing mod games with zany critter-people with zany gods, and some of their depictions are really cool. 

These two statues guard the entrance to our main dining hall:
The item is an image of Utes, the deity of murder, depicted as a male leokin in lead by Ongum Stuzong.  Utes is contemplating. 
The item is an image of Utes, the deity of murder, depicted as a male leokin in lead by Ongum Stuzong.  Utes is screaming. 
The back of the dining hall showcases:
The item is a superiorly designed image of Rumux Tireraptors the leokin and Usmbaz Watchedcrew the Adorable World of Passions the leokin in silver by Ongum Stuzong.  Rumux Tireraptors is making a plaintive gesture.  Usmbaz Watchedcrew the Adorable World of Passions is laughing.  The artwork relates to the mortal wounding of the leokin Rumux Tireraptors by the leokin Usmbaz Watchedcrew the Adorable World of Passions in Dwellconflict in the midsummer of 1051.  The cute name undermines the tragedy of the event.  Usmbaz Watchedcrew the Adorable World of Passions was a leokin child who transformed into a werebuffalo, Rumux Tireraptors was a fresh recruit with only Wrestling skill.  Both are now dead. 

Our statuary contains 3 statues of muscles, 2 of leokin, 1 of a magpie and The Cat of Dreams.  The item is a well-designed image of The Cat of Dreams, the deity of fate, depicted as a male leokin in lead by Ongum Stuzong.  The Cat of Dreams i contemplating.  What I love is that the RNG shouldn't be able to recognize that the mod-race leokin are lion-man race, and has picked the perfect name randomly. 

Next to our well, we've got the usual statues of leokin and mussels, Utes striking a menacing pose and The Cat of Dreams contemplating, plus a well designed image of Aka, the deity of duty, order, discipline, death and war, depicted as a skeletal male leokin and three leokin in silver by Ralu Ulutux.  The three leokin are prostrating themselves before Aka.  Finally, there is a very personal statue, a well-designed image of Espbo Beesgarlics the leokin and a pick in silver by Lusspu Ustxuodstron.  Espbo Beesgarlics is admiring the pick.  Espbo Beesgarlics was the first to loose his life establishing Dwellconflict. 

The vulps in one of my previous fortresses produced some goofier statues.  There is the superiorly designed image of Domas Hazyhame (the sheriff) embracing a great horned owl man, an exceptionally Oddom Treatyfingers surrounded by brown recluse spiders, a statue of the anato, Amxu Flaxenspiders the Messiahs of Ruin being dead, Zes the Torrid Mines, deity of mountains, volcanoes and fire, depicted as a coyote.  I remember in one game, they built a statue of the mayor surrounded by toads, the vermin she hates, but I can't find it now. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite statues
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 12:21:15 pm »

My all time favorite is still the this particular RNG gem from a long gone fortress:
This is a masterful marble statue of Fellate created by Adil Keskalstîgil. 

The item is a masterfully designed  image of Fellate the cougar and Vicu Gleeroasts the human in marble by Adil Keskalstîgil.  Vicu Gleeroasts is  striking down Fellate.  The artwork relates to the killing of the cougar Fellate by the human Vicu Gleeroasts in The Forest of Scrapes in 187. 

According to the Legends of that world Vicu Gleeroasts was a young male human that seemed to have a lot of encounters with cougars. If I remember correctly one of them eventually killed and ate him.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?