Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager improvements  (Read 782 times)

jeffb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Manager improvements
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:12:14 am »

- Provide some options for how work orders are applied, at the moment jobs are distributed across all workshops evenly which is ok for some tasks but not for others. Give players the ability to assign work orders directly to dwarves and/or single workshops so that you can assign a huge number of amour-crafting jobs and still have workshop space available to weaponsmiths and blacksmiths etc. Pretty simple.

- Also show the automatic reactions in the manager and allow players the same level of control as above over them. Let me assign one dwarf to render all fat off in a corner by himself. Allow me to add automatic reactions ingame.

- Add a Head Chef position to manage kitckhen stocks.

Inspiration

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Manager improvements
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 12:22:10 am »

I agree. With three kitchens, I am constantly getting spammed when one cook steals another's fat.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
Re: Manager improvements
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 06:37:57 am »

Simple deeper check on who can use workshops would be nice when assigning taks to them.

For example, if forge is limited to dwarves with weaponsmithing enabled, manager should only queue weaponsmithing related tasks to it.

(While we are at it, player should be able to restrict reactions for workshop, so that i could set up carpenters shop to only allow making barrels and turn barrel making off in other workshops: all barrel making tasks would be queued only to that workshop. Another example is having several masons shops that only allow blocks which are reserved for unskilled masons: So that you could make them only accept block tasks and have anything else queued to high-skill workshops.)