Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Give dwarfs some dignity and stop the lagging.  (Read 1503 times)

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Give dwarfs some dignity and stop the lagging.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 01:50:16 pm »

Well, yes, if I could claim crap like those damn shirts that dwarves just drop in the middle of the hallways

I had this problem, check their room and look in their containers and cabinets and see if they are full. If so, add another container or cabinet. The only messy rooms I get now are where folks have too many items and not enough containers, or rooms that have multiple room designations overlapping the containers. (I made a large children's room/daycare with multiple beds and containers, but the kids don't use them apparently due to overlapping designations, and instead just toss their stuff on the floor, but I actually like how that looks for the children's room.)

If you have a dwarf or two with just way too much stuff, you can always build them a storage room. 1 bed or assignable room object, and then a dozen containers. :D
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 02:25:26 pm »

This is the basic gist of "Corpses Should Be Containers", the currently 25th-ranking suggestion on the Eternal Suggestion Voting.  In other words, it's a known problem, but Toady has had trouble fixing it, so he's been putting it off.

Really? Where's the list, I'd like to have look at it.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 02:28:22 pm »

The thread is stickied in this forum. Here's the direct link: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/eternal_voting.php
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.
Pages: 1 [2]