Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing Jobs/Professions  (Read 463 times)

Zarxs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Changing Jobs/Professions
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:07:01 pm »

I need some help on changing my Dwarfs professions. From what I understand to change a dwarfs tasks and what not, as in, what he will and will not do (hauling, cleaning, masonry, ect.) You hit "u" to see the list of all your dwarfs, animals, enemies. You than select the dwarf whose job/professions you want to change and hit "c" That should than bring you to the dwarf and have a list of tasks and jobs he can preform. From their you can scroll through the list pressing enter to turn certain labors and what not off and on.

My problem is that I remember it working like that but now it dose not. Whenever I go to the dwarf I simply have a list of his ability in certain fields like in this picture http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg77/Zarxs/?action=view&current=MrMAnn.png

I don't understand why this has changed on me and it is rather frustrating. I have some 50+ dwarfs to manage and I need each doing specific tasks at the moment but I can't manage them anymore. I don't know if this is manager related or if  hit some wrong button or what but help would be very much appreciated.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Jobs/Professions
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 12:10:17 pm »

Either use Dwarf Therapist or try pressing "p" when you reach that screen.

Edit: "p" then "l" actually.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:11:48 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Zarxs

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Jobs/Professions
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 12:22:21 pm »

Tried "p" than "i"

It took me to his inventory.

From there "p" than "l" got me to the right screen though. Thanks man.