Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unreasonable Demand  (Read 439 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unreasonable Demand
« on: August 01, 2010, 02:27:24 am »

Playing 40d, a haughty tax collector has begun demanding bismuth items be made.  Is the only way to appease him to make bismuth bars?  I dont have any bismuth on the map and so i would have to trade for bismuthinite ore.  Should i just drop him from the top of the map?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Unreasonable Demand
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 02:32:47 am »

Yup.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 02:35:12 am »

A true mathematician's answer.

Might as well just hold out until you can import a bit. If it's not in the next caravan I'd just dump off something high.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 02:40:27 am »

A true mathematician's answer.

Might as well just hold out until you can import a bit. If it's not in the next caravan I'd just dump off something high.

just got a dwarven liaison and i cant request bismuthinite.  Guess its the bone pile for this tax collector.