Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wielding  (Read 687 times)

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wielding
« on: July 30, 2010, 01:08:16 pm »

Bit of a noob question but I couldn't find my answer anywhere else. I upgraded my sword to a better one in a shop, but I've no idea how to actually equip it, how would I do this? It's a two-hander and I'm holding a shield, I'm thinking maybe I have to remove the shield though it doesn't show up anywhere in the remove list.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Wielding
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 01:34:24 pm »

The remove list only goes for things you are wearing. You dont wear weapons and shield, you just hold them.

Twohanded weapons are a bit of a hassle, there is a combat penalty for not using it twohanded, so you have to first drop your weapon and shield, then pick up the twohander and some worthless object. Then you pick of the sword and shield (making them end up in your backpack instead of your hands) and you drop the worthless object.

Note that each time you pick up a new object that the dunce of an adventurer holds it in his hand and uses the thohander onehanded.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Luraien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 01:39:03 pm »

Nice one, thanks for clearing that up. Looks like I'll have to do the vapid task of removing each item I pick up if I want to keep hold of the sword!

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 06:27:20 am »

You can use 'r' for removing items, which, if I remember correctly, takes an item out of your backpack and into your hands. You can also use 'p' to put items away, from your hands into a backpack.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.