Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Calling all puzzle fiends!  (Read 609 times)

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Calling all puzzle fiends!
« on: July 30, 2010, 01:24:51 pm »

First off, i want to state up front that i'm not a company shill, just a very loyal customer.

In case you guys haven't heard, there's an awesome new game called Tidalis out. It's a lighthearted puzzle game with over 115 story levels, 20+ game modes, multiplayer, and an epic amount of theming! The mechanic is superficially similar to match-3 but can be much deeper than that.

Basically, you have a grid of colored blocks, which have arrows on them. You can right-click-drag to point these arrows in specific directions, then left click on a block to launch a "stream" out of it. If the stream collides with another block of the same color while in transit, the stream heads off in the direction of the arrow on that block . If the stream travels 3 grid squares without colliding with a same color block, it dies out. If you connect 3 or more blocks with a stream you score, and the blocks are removed.

That's the bext explanation i can give, and if it sounds at all interesting (or if you didn't understand it), head on over to this news item to watch a trailer and see a list of features.

If you're curious/concerned about how good the game "really" is, you can read a few reviews. If that's not enough, i offer my testimony (for lack of a better word) (written while the game was in early beta):
"I gotta say, This game is great. It's really fun, very good even in beta, and with any luck it will be the next Bejeweled! It's also got great little touches like right clicking dimming out other color blocks (by far better than mentally tuning into a color I'm looking for), and promises to be one of my best puzzle acquisitions for a long time to come."
Finally, here's a quote from another customer:
"I know I have something good when I accidentally play it for several hours straight."

If you do like the game, please spread the word, the dev needs all the help he can get!
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all puzzle fiends!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 01:26:54 pm »

Just saying, wouldn't this belong in the Other Games section?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 01:28:10 pm »

Adbot! He's an adbo-Oh, hundreds of posts and a signature. Nevermind, then.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 01:43:13 pm »

Sorry, i didn't spot that section. Moving...
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 03:45:23 pm »

Adbots evolve! Now they quote, participate in community games and are otherwise being nice! Madness!

P.S. On topic, it looks like a nice game, I may try it out.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository