Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wiki is giving 404 Error  (Read 457 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wiki is giving 404 Error
« on: September 08, 2024, 08:15:54 am »

See title.

To reproduce, follow any of the links to the DF wiki on the bay12 forums.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki is giving 404 Error
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2024, 09:16:00 pm »

The wiki is administrated by many of the same people as DFHack, they hav a wiki channel on their discord (https://dfhack.org/discord) that can be used to report such issues. The 404 only happens for me if I'm logged out and the url doesn't hav the "www." at the begining. They are aware of the issue. It may also be intermittent, which makes tracking the issue difficult.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Überzwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2024, 01:39:52 pm »

It's only the frontpage that is broken. All sub pages should work, though some pages don't have atm the correct layout for me, but that's better than no wiki...
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php?search

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2024, 06:02:04 pm »

Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2024, 10:02:30 pm »

I hope this is fixed now. Like Ziusudra noted, this issue tends to only occur with specific URLs and when logged out. Since I'm usually logged in, I don't notice it.

It appears to be a problem with varnish, which we use for caching. I've set up a cron job to restart varnish every Monday now. It's ugly, but it should hopefully help prevent this from happening again.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.