Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fort... Won't... Die....  (Read 4382 times)

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fort... Won't... Die....
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 12:32:48 am »

giant cave spider.
My miners killed them.

They finally died; a giant rat drank over a hundred units of booze, and they all died of dehydration.

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 09:25:23 am »

I just had a similar problem except I wasn't trying to kill the fort.  I had 50 dwarves with running smoothly.  Then three goblin pikemen somehow managed to get into the fort past the wall and closed drawbridge and proceeded to kill 44 of my dwarves.  I had no military but a ton of traps that they somehow bypassed.  Five dwarves got injured and went and lay down in the hospital but the miner only had a couple bruises.  So the miner threw a tantrum and decided he needed to go drink.  (Which to be honest is perfectly dwarfly and reasonable.) Fortunately (or not) I had a huge supply of food and booze, so he sat around doing nothing much but drinking, eating, tantrumming and and feeding and bringing water to the injured dwarves.  There were still three goblin pikemen running around the fort, but they had been significantly injured by the miner, so they wouldn't go near him anymore.  And he couldn't finish them off because he was too busy throwing tantrums when he wasn't drinking or having them run away faster than he could catch up to them. 

So I had five useless dwarves in the hospital not dying because my miner kept taking care of them, a miner who just sat around drinking and taking care of the injured dwarves, goblins who were too afraid to finish them off and a siege sitting outside the front gate killing off new migrants (who couldn't get in past the closed gate anyway) that I couldn't let in to finish things off because the miner refused to open the gate.   And the caravan had just left, so I couldn't even expect caravan guards to come in and break things up any time soon.

After a season of this waiting for someone to do something I finally abandoned and savescummed back to the previous season's save and pretended it had never happened.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 02:23:24 pm »

Did you at least try turning off his healthcare labors so he'd ignore the others for a moment?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 2 [3]