Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Getting water for cast bug.  (Read 1123 times)

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
  • he needs the golden gauntlets to pimp slap whit
    • View Profile
Getting water for cast bug.
« on: July 26, 2010, 03:27:59 pm »

Is there anything that can fix it?
Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Getting water for cast bug.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 05:46:38 pm »

Try forbidding all buckets in the fortress and then once the task is canceled (or if it isn't, I'm not sure if it actually is, just forbidding them all is the key move), un-forbid them all.  After that, the dwarf should complete the task normally.  This worked for me in my 0.31.12 fort, for version reference.

Apparently, there's a problem with the dwarves using the water they get to make the cast; I guess it needs to be on hand in the sense of unused or unclaimed rather than in use as it is when the dwarf goes to get the water, so they fill the bucket with water but then don't actually use it.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 06:47:57 am »

How can i forbid all buckets at once and not 1 by 1.
Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 07:21:14 am »

You can forbid all buckets using the z->stocks screen. Unless your bookkeeper has been very lazy, you should have an accurate count of your buckets, which lets you designate for dumping, forbidding or melting from this menu.

After that, I suggest you check all your wells and dyer workshops and un-forbid those buckets manually. I dunno if forbidden buckets make their wells forbidden, but I do know that workshops get forbidden when their component materials are forbidden.

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 07:27:17 am »

I just forbid all casts instead. Splints for the win.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 09:23:19 am »

Yeah nohting is helping against the getting casts bug since i have 6 dwarves injured(they all are gonna be OK if they get casts) im gonna take a break or start a new fort on a older version until this bug is fixed.

GENERATION 29:

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 09:31:19 am »

No need. If you have the buckets and the gypsum powder forbidden, they will use splints instead and those work fine.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 09:37:45 am »

The thing is my broker has been extremly lazy and i cant locate all the powder or buckets.

GENERATION 29: