Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Duplicate Raws Fort  (Read 436 times)

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Duplicate Raws Fort
« on: July 27, 2010, 08:05:37 pm »

Just a quick question. Would it be possible to play in a world that has been bugged by duplicated raws? I've seen some of the topics about the effects, and I think it'd be an interesting experience.

Basically: Just how messed up do duplicate raws make a game?
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Duplicate Raws Fort
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:08:49 pm »

I don't think one would be playable, because the game crashes too much with duplicate raws.

I once got a floating guts civ, though...

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 09:14:07 pm »

Righto. If it makes the game crash, it wouldn't be worth the effort.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 09:40:51 pm »

Or you can chance it and see what happens.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:53:22 pm »

That would be the brave, potentially fun (without the capital F) thing to do, I'm going to keep this idea on the back burner for a while. Trying to do something large and pointless- A mini-mega-project, if you will. And on that note...