Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [CAN_CIV] is gone?  (Read 415 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
[CAN_CIV] is gone?
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:48:28 pm »

I tried to create some Beastmen with [CAN_LEARN] &   [CAN_CIV], but I'm getting an ERROR stating that [CAN_CIV] is an unknown token. Sure enough, it doesn't show up in the string dump.

Anyone gotten a race to work like the old Orcs, where they're always at war without being Babysnatchers?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: [CAN_CIV] is gone?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:59:01 pm »

CAN_CIV is gone, it never meant that much in the first place though.

And didnt the 40d Orc mods remove NO_SPEAK to make everything at war with them? That should still work.

If not then you may have to give them whatever makes kobolds at war even with baby snatching civs. Could be skulking, itemthief or utterances.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:02:08 pm »

But it did matter, it's what allowed the race to make Civs without being [INTELLIGENT]. And the other options are there, but they may not give me the same effect.

I guess I'll play around with it a bit, see what I can do. Maybe it's not needed for creatures to make civs now.

UPDATE: Looks like you no longer need it. My Beastmen just have CAN_LEARN and they showed up in world-gen just fine. They also show up as -------- for my Dwarves on embark, so all should be good.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:23:23 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:47:33 pm »

Yeah, the [CAN_CIV] token is gone and as such is no longer need for a creature to be in a civilization. This also means that the [INTELLIGENT] token now implies only the [CAN_SPEAK] and [CAN_LEARN] tokens. I think that removing the [CAN_SPEAK] token will make a creature's civilization be constantly at war without needing the [ITEM_THIEF] or [BABYSNATCHER] tokens; however, but I am not entirely sure.

On a somewhat related note, I have also noticed that a creature can have both the [INTELLIGENT] and [UTTERANCES] tokens in its entry, with the effect of causing them to have kobold names while still letting you talk to them in adventure mode.

EDIT: ninja'd by Mephansteras' update.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:51:20 pm by NLegari »