Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some sort of mod/hack available to assign armor/clothes to Dwarves  (Read 726 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile

I get that Dwarves seem to not want to wear clothes, or wear too many clothes or only some. Same seems to go with armor, sort of.

Is there any sort of flag or possible programing... thing ... that could issue a command to a dwarf to put on some clothes. I'm sick of them running around without shoes and then injuring their feet or something....

Perhaps there might be something to make them look for clothing in general if you can't do it specifically?

I get that this is a little weird. Just asking. If it's hard coded, then it is. But given that you can bring them back from the dead... worth a shot to ask it.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some sort of mod/hack available to assign armor/clothes to Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 03:36:05 pm »

It's a bug in the behavioral code, which as far as I know can't be fixed except by Toady. You might be able to get around it by creating a uniform in the military screen with a full set of clothing and drafting the dwarf you want to dress himself. Then, assign him the uniform, set him as off duty, and order all military dwarves to remain in uniform while civilians. Once he's dressed, undraft him. Since what he's been assigned is civilian clothing, he shouldn't take it off.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325