Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Time DnD Players - Suggest Modules  (Read 1957 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
First Time DnD Players - Suggest Modules
« on: June 03, 2013, 03:44:42 am »

First things First. No not another Game running with others here on Bay12. More me looking for any ideas from the great people here...

Some friends and myself have decided to finally take that final step into Geekdom by playing DnD. We were told that 4e is the most beginner friendly of the most recent editions, so thats where we are starting. We discovered Maptools as a Virtual Tabletop thing so we are going to be working on that. But...

Does anyone know any good Starter Friendly Modules out there that are also easy to get to???
Keep on the Shadowfell is most likely were we are going to start too...

Thanks guys for any help or suggestions you can give...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
Re: First Time DnD Players - Suggest Modules
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 04:09:34 am »

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/h1.pdf

I'd suggest Keep on the Shadowfell myself, seeing how it is the spiritual successor to the Keep on the Borderlands  modules that have been the beginner's campaign since first edition.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 04:14:36 am »

Does anyone know any good Starter Friendly Modules out there that are also easy to get to???
Keep on the Shadowfell is most likely were we are going to start too...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 04:35:05 am »

*Facepalm*
Sorry, I shouldn't browse the forums after  just waking up.

Okay, let's see. Keep on the Shadowfell should keep you guys going until level 3 or 4.
The Slaying Stone is another good module for 1st levels. It's a one-shot adventure, however.
After finishing Keep on the Shadowfell and/or the Slaying Stone you can use  Seekers of the Ashen Crown and Khyber's Harvest for some padding before going on to Thunderspire Labyrinth.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 10:29:47 am »

Theoretically, you could just continue the books after KotS all the way up to level 30, though there isn't much room for self-writing in that case. If you have the D&D Insider (don't necessarily recommend unless you love D&D and play it 7 times a week), you also have access to a lot of the magazine adventures.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?