Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with making tough dwarves  (Read 629 times)

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with making tough dwarves
« on: July 25, 2010, 07:40:40 pm »

I'm a noob at modding and I was wondering how I could mod the vanilla dwarves to be less affected by deaths/wounds and be stronger. I'm wanting my dwarves to not care about others dying and not pass out if they lose an arm or nose or something, and be stronger than the average human. Basically, how would I mod my dwarves to be badasses? Black/grey skin and red eyes would be a plus too :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:03:59 pm by Eztuzt »
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with making tough dwarves
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 08:48:27 pm »

In other words, can someone explain some tokens like [NOFEAR] and [NOEMOTION], and possibly suggest any others that could fit with this breed of dwarves?

I'm also not understanding how you make them tougher/more powerful. :/
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

zarovin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 10:31:09 pm »

[NOFEAR] means that the creature will not run away from a fight ever. The fight only ends when either it or it's opponent dies. Or the other creature escapes...
[NOEMOTION] should keep them from tantruming, but I haven't tested that.

As for other tags, you might want to consider these:
Code: [Select]
[PHYS_ATT_RANGE:phys_attr:lowest:lower:low:median:high:higher:highest] STRENGTH, TOUGHNESS and ENDURANCE are probably what you want to look at. Maximum value of 5000
[SELECT_TISSUE:tissue] tissues you might want to change are FAT and SKIN, to give them tougher skin and more of it (to protect their insides)
[RELATIVE_SIZE:num] Combined with SELECT_TISSUE, normal value for skin and fat is 1.
[PAIN_RECEPTORS:num] Combined with SELECT_TISSUE, normal value for skin and fat is 5.
[SELECT_MATERIAL:material] materials you might want to change are FAT, SKIN and BONE. Possibly MUSCLE as well.
[IMPACT_YIELD:kpa] skin/fat default: 10000, bone default: 200000, same for all below.
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:kpa]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:kpa]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:kpa]
[TENSILE_YIELD:kpa]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:kpa]
[TORSION_YIELD:kpa]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:kpa]
[SHEAR_YIELD:kpa]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:kpa]
[BENDING_YIELD:kpa]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:kpa]

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 09:44:42 pm »

Thanks dude :D

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 07:36:47 am »

I'm also not understanding how you make them tougher/more powerful. :/
Every uberdwarf have this in his genome:

[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP][NOBREATHE][NO_FEVERS][NO_DIZZINESS]
[MAGMA_VISION][FIREIMMUNE][FIREIMMUNE_SUPER][EXTRAVISION][PARALYZEIMMUNE][WEBIMMUNE]
[NOPAIN][NOSTUN][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION][NOFEAR][NOEXERT][NOTHOUGHT]
[NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]

[SELECT_TISSUE:SKIN]
                [INSULATION:10000]
        [SELECT_TISSUE:FAT]
        [SELECT_TISSUE:MUSCLE]

[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:ALL]
         [TL_HEALING_RATE:1]

And have not:

SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART
      PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT
             TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES

HAS_NERVES

USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE
  BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID

CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON

GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS
  GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT
  USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE
  PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID

You can also change all [BODY_SIZE:xxxx] and add two zeroes before right bracket.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:38:51 am by Grax »
Finis sanctificat media.