Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old Orcs in 31.12  (Read 863 times)

Lormax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Old Orcs in 31.12
« on: July 28, 2010, 05:23:09 am »

Hello all, I'm once again turning to the community here, and especially since I have zero modding experience with DF.  One thing I loved in 40d was the modded-in Orcs, they actually instilled some fear unlike the goblins back then.  So I threw them into my 31.12 folders and hoped for the best.

They are showing up in world gen, sometimes.  The red ----- are there as well.  I'm getting sieged by them, the problem being is that they are coming up as "Nothing Bowman", all of them.  If I try to hit Enter on them to View, DF crashes immediately, every time.  The graphics for them are also not coming up, they all use this weird helmet looking graphic (I'm using Mayday).  I can post a screenshot if needed.

Is there any files/raws that someone needs me to post to see what the issue is?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Old Orcs in 31.12
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 05:34:57 am »

If you just copied the RAWs over from 40d to 31.12 then that's never going to work, as there have been a lot of changes made to the RAWs between then and now. I'm not a very good modder though - take a look at another creature's RAWs and compare them to the 40d orc RAWs.

Lormax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 06:31:27 am »

Will anything I do affect the current fort?

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:26:22 am »

Learn to make good orcs yourself. I only found out about DF a month or two ago and Im now able to mod shotguns and magical chests and syndromes and flying shit. It's not that hard. just be a nerd and ask questions. Satisfaction guaranteed.

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 11:37:08 am »

If you make another orc civilization in addition to the one you modded in, you'd need a regen. However, If you change the orcs' raws, you should be fine, I think. You can use orcs from other mods, like Deon's Genesis, as a template for your own.