Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Civs providing metal equipment other than bronze?  (Read 1991 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Civs providing metal equipment other than bronze?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 10:53:56 am »

Specifically, this thread:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61304.0

A host of new Adventurer reactions - making weapons and figurines out of bone, wood, and stone, for example.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 01:32:15 pm »

I think they're talking about adding new reactions like:

[REACTION:MAKE_BONE_BOLT]
   [NAME:make bone bolts]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]   [REAGENT:bones:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][ANY_BONE_MATERIAL]      [PRODUCT:100:15:AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:bones:NONE][FORCE_EDGE]
   [SKILL:BONECARVE]

With this you could make bolts from bones of those you've butchered...there's more interesting info in a thread here somewhere or go look for more nifty ones at the DF MODDING threads.

That does make more sense. I suppose his choice of words + my failure to recognize this = confusion.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dagoth Urist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 05:32:27 pm »

Spoilers!:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- "Very well. If you are impatient to begin. Go ahead. You are the challenger. To you goes the first blow." -

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 06:07:44 pm »

It's also pretty simple to modify humans to let them make steel. you'll get a nice mix of steel and bronze gear so it makes upgrading your stuff worthwhile.
Pages: 1 [2]