Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 1743 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Dreams
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 12:40:08 am »

*awesome*
I wish I could remember that much of my dreams... I'm relatively certain I regularly save kingdoms and such, but I can't remember even scraps for more than a few minutes after waking up.

Go buy Psychonauts. It is worth every cent, no matter how much it is. Example: when you get pyrokinesis your mentor tells you never to use it without good reason... or if it would be funny. Also, the woods are full of telekinetic bears.
Oh, in the same vein as that whole 1WA sequence went; one dream, I was being hunted down once by a bounty hunter, and it went much like the Metroid Fusion chase sequences where I was rather overpowered, out-gunned, and had only my wits to help me out. Fortunately, I managed to lure the hunter to a space where I would have a fighting chance, and the battle went as you'd expect.

Fair 1-on-1 battle, I get the higher ground, he sends out a couple drones to assist him/her, I attack more tactically like an RPG or platformer/FPS. I KO the bits, and I piss off the hunter, they decide to "get serious" and start wearing some rather epic armor and revive the bits, and start using more unfair weaponry. I respond by pulling a gun and a staff from hammerspace (of my own designs which are seemingly unfair by design), continue the battle. As I begin to lose, I fuse the gun with the staff, and mold it into a magical sniper-shotgun and get more tactical with my approach. It falls flat, and I lose for a moment, and jump into my own version of a .5WA uber-form just like my opponent, and start doing some mid-game boss like stuff, and KO the hunter to a similar level, and they go 1WA. Their intro sequence ends up wiping me out first thing, and I respond by going 1WA myself (not the one I described earlier). Now things are getting awesome, epic, and serious. Pandoriums, magic combos, weapons after weapons, and so on. This goes on for a good 15+ minutes exchanging attacks. I lose. Now I'm pissed, and go Full-Wings/2WA; now I'm serious, and it turns into what I described before, and the hunter gets confused; because all that's seen is how I was before, with just my pistol, and a pissed off expression.

Without mercy, the hunter attempts to crush me under the weight of buildings and such, but thanks to me condensing my spirit energy and such, the buildings just disintegrate as they bear down on me, and turn into ammo for my gun, along with the arm of the 1WA attacking. After unloading a full clip of ammo on the hunter (at all the pressure points visible), it just collapses unto itself, and I reload by having the gun swallow up the 1WA, and just leaving the human form leftover (healed up, apparently), I give my monologue, and they decide it's a good idea to attack me during my monologue, I respond by shooting them in the head with a Tesla round (electrocuting them, and shorting out the brain) to put them into a 1-day/week coma, and freezing them with a cryo-nade. I get the bounty reward for the bounty hunter I turned in; because, apparently, this guy was such a dick, even the people that hired him were complaining about the amounts of collateral damage he causes. Was I part of a Xanatos Gambit or something then?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:42:24 am by Itnetlolor »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 12:54:08 am »

I usualy have very uninteresting dreams, and when I get an interesting one I usualy end up forgetting most of the details about it.

I do remember an absolutely terrifying nightmare I had when I was about 12 though. I dreamt I was outside my house, on the backyard, on a starless and nearly pitch black night. I walked around a bit trying to figure out how I got there, tried going inside but the door was locked, and eventualy I find this stocky robed figure walking around holding a really big book.
Somehow I wasnt afraid of him, he didn't seem like a threat anyway, so I walk towards him and ask whats going on. Then he speaks with an old conforting voice, uttering something like "let us look on the great book of ghosts". He then slowly speaks "this place is haunted by..." and then points upwards and screams "GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTS!!!". At the same time he raises his hand, even before he finishes the word, I look directly upward to find two baleful shining lights if pure white bleakness staring directly into my eyes from several feed above me. Then I just froze completely unable to close my eyes or look away for a few seconds before waking up.

Now I look back to it, its silly as hell, but at the time it was the most terrifying experience ever. I woke up crying and gasping for air. No other nightmare has come close to being that terrifying.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 12:58:50 am by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 09:34:35 am »

*awesome*
I wish I could remember that much of my dreams... I'm relatively certain I regularly save kingdoms and such, but I can't remember even scraps for more than a few minutes after waking up.

Go buy Psychonauts. It is worth every cent, no matter how much it is. Example: when you get pyrokinesis your mentor tells you never to use it without good reason... or if it would be funny. Also, the woods are full of telekinetic bears.

I forgot where I heard this, but apparently if you wake and not think of what you'll be doing for the day it will help remember your dreams.

My dream this day was about zombies, the original variety zombies.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"
Pages: 1 [2]