Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: slight change  (Read 1121 times)

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
slight change
« on: August 08, 2010, 08:37:02 pm »

ok so i am utterly clueless but i was trying to get the world gen peramiters from 31.12 to work in 40d18 cus i want to have an embark sight with the same mineral and gem density as the new df.  so i can have access to all that awsome stuff.  but im not at all sure how to accomplish this.  i would search but im not at all sure what to search for.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: slight change
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 08:43:09 pm »

Change ENVIRONMENT:~~~~:## to ENVIRONMENT:~~~~:100 on all but diamonds, star rubies, semi-common stone gems, and alluvial gems.

But why do you want to downgrade? 31.12 is extremely stable already.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 09:16:51 pm »

i learned how to use the military and while it gives me a lot of control i find it so cumbersome that my brain will occasionally die and ill stare at the screen blankly cus i cant think anymore XP

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 11:51:47 pm »

ok i looked for that setting but i have no idea where that is,  how do i edit that?

guale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 12:27:59 am »

Nothing about what you want to do could work. DF 2010 uses a LOT of new settings in the worldgen that would totally break 40d#. Your best bet is to just get used to the new military interface. Either that or you will have to go into your raws and increase the frequency on each mineral.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 12:33:18 pm »

ok i looked for that setting but i have no idea where that is,  how do i edit that?
In your DF folder, navigate to "raw\objects". In matgloss_*, do a find for "[ENVIRONMENT:" and change the last one to 100 for each.