Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sealing off river flows  (Read 686 times)

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
  • he needs the golden gauntlets to pimp slap whit
    • View Profile
Sealing off river flows
« on: July 24, 2010, 04:27:14 pm »

I recently dug a 3 tile wide tunnel do a moat that i floodedwhit water but i wanna drain it now(im doing a bigger projecc that requires a dry moat) and im wondering how can i seal off the tunnel so that the flow stops and i can drain the moat.
Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
Re: Sealing off river flows
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 05:06:18 pm »

A pump few pumps will probably be able to drain it quick enough for you to build a wall (make shure the pump is not connected to the water supply of the moat)
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 05:28:26 pm »

A screw pump removes all water from the tile behind and below the light-green tile of the pump. The water appears in front of the dark-green tile. As the previous poster suggests, you'll need to have several pumps draining the water out of the moat further up to the source. Eventually this should remove enough water that it will be able to dry up in the area you want to work. Of course, if the water just falls back into the channel, you're probably not doin' it right.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Drug_unit

• Bay Watcher
  • he needs the golden gauntlets to pimp slap whit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 08:01:05 pm »

OH YEAH PUMPS i forgot all abaut that. Thanks for reminding il got chop down some more wood so i can start making pumps and stuff.
4-6 should be enough on one side or 3 on each side right?
Dwarven statistics: When something is considered unlikely, the presence of dwarves increases the likelyhood of the unusual event occuring.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Besides, it's somehow enjoyable to think of groundhogs stacked to the very top of a cage and flooding out to kill.