Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Thoughts of addictgamer  (Read 6369 times)

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts of addictgamer
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 09:28:38 pm »

It's not a rule, but most people try to keep to a single general theme in their suggestions, just because the purpose of a thread is to have a discussion about the topic of the thread, and if you have multiple unrelated topics, then the discussion will likely bounce about between what one commenter is interested in talking about, and what the next guy wants to talk about, making a confusing mess...

That said, more often than not, a thread titled "PersonName's Suggestions" will simply attract less people to comment than others with a clear topic for discussion, as well, just because it implies a scattershot of small ideas that aren't terribly thoroughly thought out, instead of a single well-formatted and planned out idea that they want to push.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 09:40:52 pm »

Good points.

Now, how do I get the existing technology discussion transferred into the new thread I'm about to post?
Do I report this topic and ask for that?

The link for which I just posted in the OP.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:42:33 pm by addictgamer »
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 09:43:49 pm »

Well, at the very bottom left of a thread you create, you can move or lock your thread...

But that isn't really necessary, and you could probably just create a new thread, and link to this thread (and possibly quote any salient points you or others have made), and let this thread either start the slide into obscurity, or possibly be ressurected by some other suggestion on the list, if someone wants to discuss that.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 09:45:01 pm »

The easier thing to do would have been to simply edit your first post and remove the non-technology parts, then change the thread title.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 09:48:02 pm »

Ok. Check the OP for what I have decided to do ;)

Thanks!
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.
Pages: 1 [2]