Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Troll Fortress? Not modded!  (Read 2879 times)

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Troll Fortress? Not modded!
« on: July 19, 2010, 03:15:45 am »

On the "plan carefully" menu I noticed "purring maggots" as a food source.  "Hmmm, that's new..." I thought, then noticed that the tab said "Trolls" instead of Dwarves!  I took a closer look, and lo and behold, I have seven trolls instead of dwarves!  I haven't modded anything, so this was quite a surprise.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Troll Fortress? Not modded!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 03:19:23 am »

Pics or it didn't happen.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 03:39:43 am »

I didn't take a screenshot before I deleted the "purring maggot" food source, but here are some other shots.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:41:38 am by VerdantSF »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 03:42:02 am »

you modded it, that's a duplicate raws glitch.

you got it quite mild, atleast you didn't got "forgotten beast vomit battleaxes" in fluffy wambler fortress

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 03:44:45 am »

I deleted my saved regions earlier.  I didn't expect this to happen!  I'm tempted to stick with this one for a while ;).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:46:16 am by VerdantSF »

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 04:19:20 am »

it was not the regions, you copied some raws over a raws folder most likelly

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 06:54:02 am »

it was not the regions, you copied some raws over a raws folder most likelly

It's too late, the new player has most likely gone crazy by now due to exposure to D-Case-689.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 03:43:26 pm »

Incidentally, what does Legends mode have to say?

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 05:08:00 pm »

That happened to me...BUT I WAS ELVES! THE HORROR!  :'(
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 05:43:05 pm »

I'm playing with a fresh copy of the game.  The trolls were a fun distraction, but I knew it was only a matter of time before bigger bugs surfaced.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 02:18:00 pm »

I wonder if anyone's played a duplicate-raws-glitch fortress to fort maturity, or even a succession game?

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 03:17:44 pm »

They're usually buggy and tend to crash sooner or later. Probably, when a caravan brings some "-nothing- leather barrels" or a unicorn siege riding wizards arrives... some things are too much, even for this game. So, no, I don't think, anybody ever played such a fortress for very long.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 04:29:46 pm »

I've had this happen, dwarves got replaced by goblins entirely, humans with kobolds, elves with some animal-man i cant recall... everyone else was perfectly normal and everything perfectly fine, until they started exploding because I modded a creature with a freezing fixed temperature(or maybe it was the insulation...) and people made clothing out of them. I was too terrified to take my kobold adventurer outside to see what was actually happening, luckily I wasn't wearing any of it. Don't remember what i did after that, it was a mostly-freezing world so playing fortress mode would likely have ended in everyone exploding.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 01:02:10 am »

I wonder if anyone's played a duplicate-raws-glitch fortress to fort maturity, or even a succession game?

There was a succession game, but it was called off due to crashes. Which is unfortunate. Toady should fix this.

Toady, if you're reading this, will you please fix your game so that it doesn't crash when we break it?