Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Duos: More Martial Art moves and some Unnatural Natural Wonders  (Read 961 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Truth be known I enjoy making suggestions

Anyhow so I guess Ill make the lists

Name then requirements then effect

Martial arts: Alright I am listing as simple of moves as I can without hitting TOO many done before (Like slitting)

-Tear: Grasper holding a Limb and another holding another part
--Effect: Does damage equal to the differences in strength and ignores armor. Also can also tear off limbs
---Also note: Adventurers only achieve this when they are Super Strong… Though intended for larger creatures (I believe they can already do this)

-Lift: Hold Any Part
--Effect: Chance to block attacks with held victim. Can also move with victim

-Rake: Two grabs with two paws… Felines only
--Effect: Claws with increased strength
---Note: Raking in real life is harsh! You see a cat lie on its side? That is a defensive stance, not submissive…
----Note 2: For those who don’t know (which I didn’t until I got a house cat) Raking is when a Cat holds you with their two front paws and scratches you with their hind claws.

-Point blank (better name needed): A grab with mouth. Fire breathing creature only
--Effect: Guaranteed Fire breath attack against held part

-Cork (Better name needed): Grab Mouth with shield
--Effect: Creature cannot use firebreath or Bite attacks

-Clip: Grab Wing with weapon
--Effect: If successful the creature temporarily cannot fly. Does low damage but high chance of success

Alright the second list… Natural/Unnatural Wonders… or rather true enchanted lands… I feel like I have done this before…

Anyhow the point here obviously is to create areas of interest… They shouldn’t all appear in the game, in fact only one or two of them. Please don’t judge by the name.

-Glass Desert: A desert made entirely of Green or Clear glass. Though you can dig through the glass for Glass gems, the desert contains less life or water then usual.
--Perhaps: It could contain a fire breathing creature or crystal trees (That don’t grow).

-Enchanted Forest/Land: Appears only in good and evil lands. It heals or harms those who are on these lands depending on which alignment.
--Good Perhaps: Elves should consider this land Sacred and perhaps powerful Good aligned (Semi)Megabeasts.

-Immortal Lands (Harmful): A random creature, can be from a dragon to a lion to a Goblin, lives on this land and though struck down, it never really dies. It however cannot leave this area and civilizations have a chance to discover this and perhaps seal the area. In Adventure mode there is a high chance you will find the immortal creature.
--Note: The creature never leaves a corpse here

-Testament to Nature: a large structure that appears to spawn animals to keep a balance of nature. If it is disturbed there is a chance it could break. If it breaks the surrounding areas should turn into a desert.

-Time Cavern: A Cave where everyone you or your fortress has slaughtered makes an appearance to stop you. It also contains a large number of fossils.
--Perhaps: I always love the idea of these places having unique Megabeasts!

Time Cavern 2: A Cave where long since extinct creatures exist. If entrance remains open then the creatures can leak out into the world.

-Disappearing/Reappearing Cities: I wonder if this idea is copyrighted… even though unoriginal… Admit it… it would be AWSOME in Dwarf Fortress!

-Pristine waters: A Lake of pure water.
--Perhaps: It could heal you as well…
--Perhaps 2: Abuse could pervert the lake

-Cold Spot / Hotspot: an area of inexplicable heat or cold.

-Poisonous Waters: Swamps, Lakes, Ponds, and Rivers that have water that kills you

-Demonic Lands: Sometimes spawns Semimegabeast level demons
--Perhaps: If the “Good” version of demons EVER appear… there could be one for them too

-Fertile Lands: Animals, Dwarves, and Civilizations get huge birth rates.

I am done… Though the list isn’t extensive I have other things to do…

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Duos: More Martial Art moves and some Unnatural Natural Wonders
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 08:08:16 pm »

Variety is always great.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 09:08:34 pm »

I probably should have made the list longer... I just too busy right now...

ivegotgoodabs

• Bay Watcher
  • Horo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:55:07 pm »

Eventually you should be able to mod things like this in, but as for it being in the official release, i'm kind of eh.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 10:06:21 pm »

It really isn't something that can be modded in without hardcoding.

ivegotgoodabs

• Bay Watcher
  • Horo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 10:27:47 pm »

Eventually. In the future.