Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Would it be possible to...  (Read 524 times)

revengefullobster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to...
« on: July 18, 2010, 07:12:40 pm »

mod non-pet cats into vermin and make something else chase vermin instead of cats?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Would it be possible to...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:20:02 pm »

So you're asking... If you can turn cats into vermin? and make another animal that attacks vermin?

Yes to both.

I believe for the first one it's adding [VERMIN]

I believe for the second one is as simple as adding [VERMINHUNTER]
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 09:02:28 pm »

what if we added vermin hunter to dwarfs?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 09:31:00 pm »

I believe all they eat when vermin hunter is on for dwarfs, all they eat is vermin.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 09:31:32 pm »

• Tag dwarfs as [VERMINHUNTER]
  • ??
  • PROFIT!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 09:34:29 pm »

You would run out of food extremely quick and then all your dwarfs will die. However seeing all your dwarfs scamper around trying to catch a fluffy wambler would be most entertaining.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 09:52:25 pm »

note that [VERMINHUNTER] also carries the cuddly connotations, your dwarves will become atached to those creatures and adopt them as pets without your consent

also theres a [VERMIN_EATER] tag that should not be confused with verminhunter, vermin_eater just makes the tagged vermin creature nibble on your food stockpiles