Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reveal etc.  (Read 871 times)

Greenwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reveal etc.
« on: December 17, 2007, 02:25:00 am »

I notice the wiki mentions support for a new memory.ini file to allow us to update Rick's utilities ourselves.  Unfortunately it doesn't specify how to make it work.

I'm able to find most of the memory locations for 33f, but I can't seem to get the utilities to read my ini file.  The 33d and 33e utilities dont seem to be looking for it, they just report that I've got the wrong version, and tell me the version they are designed for.  I've tries putting the ini file in the folder the utilities are in, and I've tried putting it in the main DF folder with DF.exe.  No dice.

Is there some command to make the utilities check the ini file?

Griz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reveal etc.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 03:43:00 am »

do you have file extensions turned on so you can make sure your file isn't named memory.ini.txt?

are you saving in wordpad or notepad?

I put the 33e reveal in the DF directory, used notepad to create the memory.ini in the same directory with the addresses from the wiki, and it worked.

Greenwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reveal etc.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 04:34:00 am »

I do have file extensions on and used notepad.

Now it is working.

The only difference is that I copied the numbers from the wiki and I put everything in the same folder as DF.exe.  Last time I had a separate DF Tools folder.  So either it doesn't work from a separate folder this way, or I fudged the numbers when I did it myself.
Ah, well, thanks.