Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cant see my weapons!  (Read 761 times)

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
Cant see my weapons!
« on: July 18, 2010, 10:20:51 am »

So I just had a batch of iron warhammers and battleaxes come out fresh from the forge and ready for destroying. They're in my weapons stockpile which is located right beneath my military dwarves, but I have a bit of a problem.
Whenever I go through the process of equiping my dwarves (press m for military, press e for equip, select squad/dwarf/item), I cannot see my iron goodies.
More specifically, whenever I try to equip a warhammer to my master hammerdwarf, I open the weapons tab, open specific weapons and search, but all i see are training axes, wooden spears, blowguns, and a single copper pick. Not a single hammer or axe to be seen. Even if I order him to "equip warhammer," the equipment screen shows that no such weapon exists. I've tried making him equip preferred weapon of choice, but he'd just go and pick up a nearby pickaxe instead of the shiny iron axe lying right beneath him.

So anyone notice this or is it just me?

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cant see my weapons!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 10:57:43 am »

The only thing I can speculate is that maybe the said weapons aren't in the stockpile, albeit physically in it, making them void in the stocks screen and, I imagine, the military weapons list.

That doesn't sound likely, however, and my weapons list seems thoroughly complete in the military menu. Check if your other dwarves haven't already picked the weapons up; as of yet Toady hasn't fixed the issue where one dwarf can have up to five weapons and shields in their hands.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 06:53:00 pm »

bumper!

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 07:01:50 pm »

and then, to his horror, he noticed that one of the nobles really likes iron hammers..
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 12:32:24 am »

Don't know.  I've heard other people running into similar problems, but I've never run into this problem myself-- maybe because I avoid specific weapon assignments.

The only thing I can think of is that the weapons are tasked for hauling to a stockpile, and so aren't available from the equip menu.

If I were you, I would assign a more general type of assignment-- like, "iron warhammer", rather than a specific iron warhammer, and give it maybe three months for the assignment to be carried out.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.