Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military Train Question  (Read 575 times)

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military Train Question
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:38:14 pm »

Does the military train work in the current version?

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military Train Question
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 02:07:32 am »

Wait for next version, if you want the full training regime. Training has been working from the start if you only let them do individual combat drills.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 03:22:52 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This kinda military train? :P

Seriously though, it's spotty. The timing is off on it - Toady is apparently fixing it for next version.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 06:10:40 pm »

Also is there a way to tell all of their dwarfs to go inside when an attack is occurs?

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 06:25:18 pm »

Also is there a way to tell all of their dwarfs to go inside when an attack is occurs?

The "all dwarves inside" order from 40d is now condensed within military alerts: go to the military alerts screen, 'm'>'a'; add a new alert, named "Danger" or something along those lines and have it "restrict civs to burrows", choosing a burrow that encompasses your entire fortress or at least the portion you want your dwarves to flock to when the alert is called. Burrows are manageable with 'w'.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 09:15:20 pm »

I can get them to do axe/hammer/wrestling training, all melee training... but archery training I can't get them to perform with an archery target... is this not operational?