Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Isane Duke replaced or not?  (Read 868 times)

Rkui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Isane Duke replaced or not?
« on: July 19, 2010, 04:04:52 am »

Hey there, my Duke went insane even taught i built him few artifacts in his rooms and made everthing possible to save him when he throw a tantrum, it was too late anyway. So i just want to know if an other dwarf will eventually take his place as a high noble or not? The option to replace him in the noble menu don't exist anymore.
If not i'll give the mayor the rooms he have.
It seam the mayor now take the relay in stupidity, he already ask for nickel bed in his study room, i'll try to ignore him less than the Duke and i'll put him a nickel statue (nickel bed can't be crafted)  :o

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
Re: Isane Duke replaced or not?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:21:33 am »

You must have an artifact nickel bed. Thats what he wants.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 09:36:43 am »

You must have an artifact nickel bed. Thats what he wants.
Demands are not restricted to things that actually exist.  The Duke may want an artifact nickel bed, but that is no guarantee that one exists or ever will.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 09:55:09 am »

Don't know if it's still the case, but you could of course end up with odd items (not conventionally creatable, at least not without modding in a new reaction/workshop process) through Strange Moods.  But that'd be incredibly hit and miss, and I don't fancy your chances.

(Though if the Mayor who demanded the Nickel Bed had preferences for both Nickel as the metal and Beds as a furniture item, and went moody themselves with the appropriate base skills, I could see it being an autofulfilling craving with better odds of happening.  Engineering that happening without redoing the game continually until it happens, though, I don't know.)

There's also the case of my attempts to make lay-pewter goblets to satisfy someone's desire, and them coming out as gold (despite the raw material being a lay-pewter bar) and thus failing.  That didn't cross the material boundaries, of course, but I had a bonecrafter (who legendaryised himself in that skill) using a stack of bones to create a metal object, IIRC.  That would be a Bug, though, even less controllable and probably not much use to you (whether now fixed or not).

SenorPez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 09:56:12 am »

As is commonplace in any fortress, one solution to this problem is magma.