Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I speed up a macro?  (Read 677 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I speed up a macro?
« on: July 18, 2010, 03:46:33 pm »

I want to make a macro for a spiral ramp design, but when I used one to speed up the trimming of some designation blocks that I had, it ended up being slower than I was doing it and I would like to have it be much faster.

Or would people suggest Quickfort as being a better idea than just doing it ingame?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:50:40 pm by smjjames »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: How do I speed up a macro?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 04:10:59 pm »

I use a 3rd party program called AutoHotkey.

I've been able to use it for all sorts of things, however, you have to code in what it is you want it to do.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 04:19:43 pm »

Assuming you're using the new DF2010 aka 0.31.* releases, and the SDL version of that.

In data\init\init.txt there is a setting called MACRO_MS.  Change it from 150 to 1, see what that does.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 04:30:00 pm »

Mind you I don't just use it for DF and I've gotten really used to using it. :P The DF macro dealio is probably a lot better for DF.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 04:59:34 pm »

Assuming you're using the new DF2010 aka 0.31.* releases, and the SDL version of that.

In data\init\init.txt there is a setting called MACRO_MS.  Change it from 150 to 1, see what that does.

Oh cool, thanks.