Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squad full of dead dwarfs?  (Read 500 times)

HatfieldCW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Squad full of dead dwarfs?
« on: July 17, 2010, 10:07:51 pm »

So I enjoyed an unexpected visit from a giantess and her friend the charcoal elephant, and enjoyed the challenge of convincing 30 leather-clad militiadwarves to stop attending dodging demonstrations long enough to do righteous battle with them.  About 4 thought it sounded like a good idea, and now I have one brave patriot in my woefully underequipped infirmary and three in various states of dead.  That's not a problem, they did good and I view the battle as a triumph.

However, those dead guys are still listed in my squad lists, and I don't know how to get them to get medical discharges from the army so that I can replace them with more lively recruits.  I'm settling in to write down their names and manually strike them from the roster, but is there an easier way to have my military organization acknowledge that the eighth member of the second squad has been carefully collected and stacked in a coffin?  Is this a bug?  A feature?

As time goes by and more of my little dudes show up as "deceased" in the units list, I can see this become an almighty headache.
I brake for stumble bumblings

Syff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Squad full of dead dwarfs?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 10:12:27 pm »

This is a bug, slated to be fixed in the next release.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 02:11:36 am »

Currently the only workaround is to give all your soldiers a custom title "Soldier", then remove everyone from the squad, then recreate it from scratch with all soldiers you see in the list. Dead dwarves will not show up in that list, however, dwarves that are already in another squad will, so you have to make a separate custom title for every squad.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 04:14:27 pm »

Yep, custom profession names. Thank Dwarf Therapist for making those easy. "Urist McMacedwarf, Violator". "Urist McLeaderOfTheMarksdwarves, SHOOTER".
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!