Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suggestions for my second fortress  (Read 2706 times)

Sines314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for my second fortress
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 11:54:31 pm »

Oh, do the borders of the map prevent flow of water, or will I need to build walls around the edge to keep it in?

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 02:27:38 pm »

Yeah water flows off the map, so you'll need to wall it off, although walls cant be built up to 5 spaces from the edge I think.

Sines314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 03:58:42 pm »

Darn, this'll be harder than I thought. Perhaps I won't flood the entire map then, leave some of the highest peaks dry, perhaps even build places to let the immigrants in through.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 08:04:46 pm »

"Dwarven Fishtank" I like it. Let a natural riverflow into it somehow (Airlock?) and fill the place with creature fish! Carp for every goblin!

Sines314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 05:17:43 pm »

Hmm, how could I get that natural river? Perhaps I could simply lead one up the the entrance of my fortress and have it's last floor tile be followed by a wall, which would keep the passage airtight. If no water is coming into the river, it shouldn't be pushed up into my fortress.

Also, another matter has come up. Do water wheels function when submerged? If not, I'll have to engage in some serious power transfer by build several windmills on the tallest peaks to keep the water pumping.

P.S. Is water hitting rivers and brooks 'anihilated' or can enough water cause a river to overflow?
Pages: 1 [2]