Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mounts?  (Read 793 times)

pulsusego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
mounts?
« on: July 17, 2010, 03:23:11 pm »

how do you get them, and better yet, how can you mod the save's raws to make them trainable to be mounts?
i put, under the cougar, [TRAINABLE], [PET], and [MOUNT]. looking at others, like the bear and the horse's raws, i thought this would work. appearently not, because at the kennel i can't even train the cougar as a war animal. only dogs. is this just the game saying that they need the dungeon master? even with the altered raws?

the best i can do with them atm is tame them. not a thing more. any help?
I got a high master!!!.... animal caretaker... ****.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
Re: mounts?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 03:33:39 pm »

i believe the mount tag is for goblins, but thats why i dont understand why they put the _EXOTIC] on [MOUNT_EXOTIC]

as for training the cougar, make sure its not in a cage, and its the closet animal to the kennel

if that doesnt work, make sure its in the region's save raws aswell

best of luck
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 03:44:35 pm »

You can train bears to be war animals without the beast master--trouble is, you can't pick what animals to be trained, so you'll have to set the task to repeat with tame bears running around and wait for them to be trained somewhere down the line.

Also, there are no mounts for dwarves. Even if dwarves could mount creatures, there's no pathing made for it yet. Goblins are a different story. I look forward to mounts eventually being brought into play. A while back I suggested that dwarves be able to ride gryphons. :P I found my idea reinforced with the addition of goblin bat riders. Though I imagine terrestrial and aerial mounts to be very different in terms of pathing and development.

pulsusego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 04:12:24 pm »

yep, no mounts for me :P although like you said i don't understand why, for instance, the bear has the [MOUNT_EXOTIC] tag if you can't ride it.
and bronzebeard you'r right, it jsut randomly picks em.
ohwell, at least i gave it a shot. i was really hoping for an army of cougar-riding bowmen and swordsmen... haha
I got a high master!!!.... animal caretaker... ****.

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 04:24:51 pm »

Well, that leaves room for some exciting speculation. We already know that some animals with exotic tags can only be tamed with help of a beast master... maybe some can only be mountable with the help of a beast master. At least, that's the only reason I could ever imagine that tag being there. That means Toady may be planning on mounting dwarves after all!

So, you may get your cougar-mounted cavalry in due time. :P For now, though, I'd just be happy if you could arm & armor your captured beastfolk, such as tigermen. Mounting cougars is all well and good, but what about vicious cougar soldiers?! Furry army ftw!