Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten beast trap  (Read 818 times)

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten beast trap
« on: July 17, 2010, 06:58:15 am »

I read somewhere that building destroyers cannot destroy something above them. Is that correct?
And if so, does that mean I could dig down into the caves from the surface, build a wal around the hole in the ground and place grates on it as a roof, then place archers on top of the wall and have them shoot anything through the grates??

cyks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten beast trap
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 07:47:17 am »

Yeah but some beasts can fly and use destructive breath attacks.  In 40D I used reinforced grate bridges across my maps and lined them with dozens of archers.

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 08:07:03 am »

New lesson learned trying to set this up: DO NOT dig from down upwards. You may hit an underground sea and flood the fort in 3 seconds :(

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 09:04:24 am »

New lesson learned trying to set this up: DO NOT dig from down upwards. You may hit an underground sea and flood the fort in 3 seconds :(

That's fun for you! Bonus points if you attempt to create a submerged fortress. Also, once the water height reaches above three, you can't really build stuff on that tile anymore.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"