Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Opening Caverns = Pathing Issues?  (Read 501 times)

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
Opening Caverns = Pathing Issues?
« on: July 16, 2010, 05:00:10 pm »

I've just recently opened my caverns up, and now a lot of my dwarves just stand around and I get spammed with messages about 'could not find path'.

Is there something I need to do? Or what? It's getting annoying, cause I need to get stuff done.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Caverns = Pathing Issues?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 05:01:07 pm »

What version are you using? I have not noticed this in 31.08.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 05:04:44 pm »

I think I might've figured it out. I uncovered layer 1 and 2, but then built a floor over layer 2, because I didn't make a path down into the cavern, but the dwarves knew they wanted the webs and what not down there. Soo, I finished digging into the second cave layer, and all of the path issues stopped, including the hunting and building ones, which I don't understand why they would be affected. =/

Edit: Never mind, still getting spammed with pathing issues.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:07:58 pm by Kamudo »
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 07:44:12 pm »

I found that including some inaccessible webs in a burrow definition caused spamming like that.  You can turn off the web auto-collect for some peace and quiet until you figure out how to stop the spamming.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 07:52:42 pm »

I had this problem - dwarves started spamming "could not find path" x10 constantly w/regard to collecting webs.  My theory is that if a path to something has to pass through a reachable but undiscovered section of the caverns, it doesn't prevent the web/construction/etc from being selected for a job, but it prevents the dwarf from figuring out how to reach it.
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"