Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where amongst the embark supplies are the crop seeds?  (Read 928 times)

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
Where amongst the embark supplies are the crop seeds?
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:47:12 pm »

Forgive me for asking, I may just be unobservant, but I'm unable to find amongst the new items list on where to add seeds for our embarkartion. If any of you can help me it would be greatly appreciated. It may just be that all of them are unavailable to me because of my location but I thought I'd ask.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Where amongst the embark supplies are the crop seeds?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 03:02:36 pm »

It is possible, especially if you modify the worldgen parameters, to have no underground seeds, plants, or products of said plants, available on embark.  I have been able to make this happen by completely removing all cavern layers from worldgen, and have had it happen a couple times when I removed water from caverns.  I am guessing that if you go looking you will find that you cannot buy any booze, nor any pigtail cloth/thread items as well.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

sadron

• Bay Watcher
  • Manic Asphyxiation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 03:04:06 pm »

Under normal circumstances what's the category name it'd be under?

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 03:38:28 pm »

seeds to find seeds >.>
drinks for booze
thread for thread cloth for cloth, ect

an easy way to do it is search it in the screen

type in seed or plump or pig
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 03:52:00 pm »

If you don't have seeds but for some reason do have plump helmets available, those leave a seed when eaten or brewed. So even though they're more expensive than cheap meat you get the seed.

Eviltane01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 03:52:36 pm »

yeh it should definetly be under the seed category i just did it last night.  From the Items screen  press "n" for add new then you should be getting a new list of things and their price per item.
In that list you should be able to see the seeds category.

It took me a bit to figure out that I should press "n"  to add additional items.
You can, of course, simply divert the river through your dining hall, if you want to take the easy way out.

Joishi

• Bay Watcher
  • Joishi has withdrawn from society!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 04:17:47 pm »

It won't list any seeds under the "(n)ew" menu if they're already in your list.  I have yet to embark anywhere (with vanilla raws) where I didn't start with all the underground seeds already added into my stocks.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 04:20:53 pm »

By default, all seeds are already added to the embark list. That could be your confusion.

Otherwise, there is a rare case in which your home civilization doesn't have access to them. In that case, I hope you brought a herbalist along!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.