Advanced search  

Author Topic: HELP!!!  (Read 560 times)

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
HELP!!!
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:12:07 pm »

dose anyone here have any Idea how to give creatures inorganic parts? e.g. swords in place forarms? I am totally stumped.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

ToaHero92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:27:48 pm »

I don't have the exact code but you'd have to make a tissue that's made of a material that had the properties you want and then you would have to get them linked correctly, then replace the part in the body plan standard with the tissue you made and link that correctly with the stuff in creature standard. BUT it would still be a ARM you could call it something else but it would still be an arm, (I have replaced my dwarves skin with adamantine and what ever they hit it usually goes through, cuz it ACTS like a cutting implement)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 10:32:30 pm »

I have actualy made creatures which hold perfectaly funtioning weapons, from swords to maces. The easiest thing here would be to use the armless humanoid set of bodyparts, give that one arm, and one sword. You can even make the swords material drop a usable sword upon the creature being butchered.

One problem I ran into is that the weapon is still damagable. You get silly creature discriptions like 'the sword is cut open'. Otherwise it all works fine.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 04:14:54 am »

dose anyone here have any Idea how to give creatures inorganic parts? e.g. swords in place forarms? I am totally stumped.

Haha
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Malecus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 01:34:42 am »

You can always do a search in this area for "Balrog".  D_E did some work that he posted up in here wherein said creature had both a molten iron sword and a cat-o'-nine-tails.  Very nice work, they were additional body parts that connected to the hands, like extra fingers.  A bunch of other inventive things in there, a must-read for any aspiring modder.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:37:45 am »

you need to make a sword body part change the parts tissue to metal.
then change the attack to use that body part and the right skill.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG