Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lazy Dwarves  (Read 786 times)

terribleturbine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Lazy Dwarves
« on: July 15, 2010, 05:35:56 pm »

So the amount of dwarves not doing work in my fortress is getting ridiculous. Most will gather food and wood and chop trees when that is needed, but for some reason they don't ever seem to want to mine. I literally have 12 dwarves sitting around in my great room doing nothing while my 2 reliable miners do a ridiculous amount of digging.

I am using Dwarf therapist, and created a "digger" occupation. At first i only had mining selected as their skill, but to be safe added stone hauling, item hauling, architecture, and masonry. This hasn't changed anything. Is there any reason these dwarves aren't doing any work?

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 05:37:52 pm »

Are there hauling, masonry or architecture tasks available?

if not. do they actually have picks? not to be picky or anything but miners kinda need picks.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 05:40:38 pm »

I was about to ask the "enough picks" question too, but try deactivating "mining" and activating it again from inside DF. Wasn't there a bug with assigning woodcutting and mining from Dwarf Therapist because they require these tools and they don't go get their tools for some reason?

Provided you DO have picks.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 02:20:12 am »

...a bug with assigning woodcutting and mining from Dwarf Therapist because they require these tools and they don't go get their tools for some reason?

That. Gotta do mining and woodcutting manually.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.