Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bullets Question about ammo  (Read 583 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bullets Question about ammo
« on: July 16, 2010, 01:11:27 pm »

Okay so heres my question I'm onto the ammo part of my Sifi mod and theres 3 to choose from however when i make a new one it doesn't appear to be selectable in the embark screen so I'm wondering if there something I'm not doing like perhaps something that dictates what appears in embark and what doesn't or how its made or something..... so any help on making ammo and weapons would be vary appreciated.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bullets Question about ammo
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 01:54:09 pm »

come on somone must know how to do this!!!

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 02:44:46 pm »

1) don't expect an answer that fast

2) if you actually open up the ITEM_AMMO.txt file and see the ammo you can copy and paste another ammo listing to whatever physical attibutes you want. SAME for the weapons file. just add a nother crossbow.

3) (following up on step 2) remember names of the new weapons and ammo and add them in the civilization list like how other weapons are displayed. in the entity.txt file.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 02:45:42 pm »

did you mark the weapon and its ammo as useable by your races in the entity file?

for example...

[ENTITY:NUKEM]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:1]
   [CIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:SPACE_MARINE]
   .(etc)
        .(etc)
        .(etc)
   [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_ASSAULT_RIFLE]
      [AMMO:ITEM_ASSAULT_RIFLE_AMMO]
   .(etc)
        .(etc)
        .(etc)

they won't have the option to start with the weapon without defining it, also...if you want to make them, you need to add in a reaction for making them in the reactions file as well as a tag like  [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_ASSAULT_RIFLE] in the entity file to each race you want to be able to make them.

Hope this helps..

Stungun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 04:08:42 pm »

Actually, you don't need to add a reaction for making new ranged weapon types. All ranged weapon types that you're allowed to have can be made from the appropriate workshop, IIRC.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 04:14:15 pm »

well crap...learn something new every day...guess that was a waste of 50 or so lines in my reactions file...heh.