Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Using burrows  (Read 8063 times)

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Using burrows
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 09:04:19 pm »

I want to put a burrow around my hospital zone, so I can assign my medical dwarves there while there are patients awaiting treatment.

Temporarily confining a dwarf to a zone has a lot of power. Permanently segregating your dwarves seems almost counter-productive. IMO, of course.

elfhater

• Bay Watcher
  • Sine vino non laboro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 09:16:51 pm »

After you get used to using them, burrows are the greatest invention since Dwarves first brewed beer. I'd like to see some sort of "anti-burrow" get implemented in the future. Whoever is a member of it is forbidden from going in, while others may do so.

Shogger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 09:41:26 pm »

I've just hit magma in my fort, so I'm using burrows to keep my forge crew down in the magma forges. I built a small food stockpile, dining room and dormitory to satisfy their needs while they churn out bronze for me :). The only other burrows are to herd nobles into the starvation closet and to get everyone inside during a siege.

Dora Feddy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 11:00:35 pm »

From the way these stories sound, I just might use burrows in my next fort.

What I would really like though, is a burrow designation for animals, so I can make a horse/cow pen without them all standing in front of the door.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2010, 04:56:51 pm »

I've found burrows useful for keeping children from following their parents everywhere. Just put the children in the "kindergarten" burrow, with beds, food and drink, of course. This'll keep them from dangerous situations if their parent does something stupid and is killed.

That there is a really good idea.  I'll give it a shot.
Pages: 1 [2]