Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No invasions?  (Read 468 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No invasions?
« on: July 15, 2010, 06:22:20 am »

I'm currently in the 3rd year of my fortress, with 70 dorfs and 378159 created wealth and I am yet to see a single hostile other than kobold thieves! What's going on? Invaders is turned on in my init and there is a goblin civlization on the civ screen however I'm at peace with them. I'm pretty sure you still get snatchers and ambushes when you're at peace with them though, yes?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Osdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No invasions?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 06:33:43 am »

Personally I'm at a similar thing (well, 150 dwarves and 6,000,000 created wealth, 5th year) my only thought can be that you only get sieges after you get a baron (or before if you mod the entity file), I can't think what else could trigger it, and I'm at war with the goblins (a proper marked war).

Since I now notice after writing this that I've missed half the point, I myself also found goblins decided to wait a bit before ambushing, all I can suggest is wait for the caravans through the year and if you don't get any by year 4, something is up.

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 07:22:52 am »

Well, assuming you have goblin civilizations left alive then you probably just have to wait a bit longer. Seems like it takes longer for sieges to arrive in .10 than it did in .08. Still, you could backup your save file, then abandon and start a new fortress, go to the same area as your current one and check that there is actually goblins as a neighbours (not certain this effects whether you get gobbo sieges, but it seems like it should).
Apparently gobbos find it harder to survive world gen in .10, I usually set my history end year to 400 instead of the default 1000 or whatever it is.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 07:42:37 am »

There is definately a goblin neighbouring civ, I wont embark anywhere that doesn't have all 4 as neighbours. Could it be linked to exported wealth? As I only have about 6000 of that.

EDIT: Now at 68 dwarves and 530k created wealth and 8796 exported wealth, still no ambushes but I just had a large amount of thieves and snatchers for some reason.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, just got seiged by 16 goblins, one of which is mounted on a giant olm. Awesome!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:22:58 am by Chattox »
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 02:37:23 pm »

They use thieves and snatchers as scouts. You can tell when an ambush/siege is coming by the volume of loners you find.