Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist Mcdeaddwarfwalking sketches pictures of shells  (Read 897 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist Mcdeaddwarfwalking sketches pictures of shells
« on: July 19, 2010, 05:17:10 am »

This really is starting to be an issue! For the fifth time in a row now the dwarf with the strange mood has requested shells. I used to have plenty but it seems all the wildlife in the few puddles I had has died out. No more shells stupid dwarves get it already.
Some of these days they'll drive me berserk aswell, I can't give them freaking shells if there are no more turtles. The strange mood message has become a warning of certain death to come.
I ask you, help me remedy the situation before more dwarves become obsessed with crafting stuff with shells. How do I 'fix' this?

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Mcdeaddwarfwalking sketches pictures of shells
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 05:58:43 am »

Short term: switch ARTIFACTS:OFF

Long term: switch to v.11 once it comes out, where only dwarves who like shell will demand it on mood.

Though I must ask: what did you do with your shell stockpile to run out for moods? Is it year 20 or something? If you had turtles at the start then saving up all their shells should last a fort's lifetime supply of shell demands for moods.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:00:23 am by Psieye »
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 06:27:16 am »

I let my legendary bonecarver have some fun

I read somewhere that I can make other items count for shells, I've gone ahead and added a [SHELL] tag to all hooves. Does it work straight away or is there something I need to do first?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:29:14 am by Jelle »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 07:17:23 am »

I let my legendary bonecarver have some fun

I read somewhere that I can make other items count for shells, I've gone ahead and added a [SHELL] tag to all hooves. Does it work straight away or is there something I need to do first?
As long as the raws in the region folder are edited, you do not need to regenerate a world.
Adding reactions do require a regen.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.