Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How would this work?  (Read 453 times)

How would this work?
« on: July 13, 2010, 05:47:44 pm »

I am curious as to how I would redirect the water into the soon to be farming room. When ever I channel it just goes into the room below which I suppose could work but am curious if there are other ways. 1: body of water 2: ~path i wish it to take 3: ~location of room. Anyone?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:58:24 pm by The Frivolous Linguist »

turgidtoupee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How would this work?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 06:23:15 pm »

I am curious as to how I would redirect the water into the soon to be farming room. When ever I channel it just goes into the room below which I suppose could work but am curious if there are other ways. 1: body of water 2: ~path i wish it to take 3: ~location of room. Anyone?

Either a screw pump or channels, with the farm being one level down.

Not being a river though, that'll probably run out of water quite soon after starting to drain it.

shoowop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 10:09:11 pm »

Since it looks like you just embarked, I would suggest moving closer

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:40:04 pm »

You should have plenty of water. Build a screen pump and walls, up to the rock, directing the water you pump into the room you've dug out. You'll have to have a dwarf using Pump Operating to pump water up out of the pond (with the screw pump) and through the path you've walled off for the water, and into the room. I'd suggest placing a door at the end of your farm room, so the water does not keep traveling down your walkways, hitting the door and going towards the corners of your farm room.  8)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 04:42:54 am »

just place the farm right underneath the pool, build a ramp on farm level, watch pool drain, roof it over, enjoy.