Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is applying casts bugged in .10?  (Read 398 times)

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Is applying casts bugged in .10?
« on: July 12, 2010, 04:30:19 pm »

I am finally learning the new healthcare system ( as opposed to simply letting my injured dwarves die) and have a farmer with a broken leg.  So far he has had some minor injuries sutured and dressed, but now that my doc is to the point of applying the cast things are going wonky.  The doc will go stand by the patient for a few and then goes and grabs a bucket and heads to a water source, then stands there till he gets tired, drops the bucket and goes to bed, then when he wakes up he starts the process over.  Is this a bug, or is my doc just really slow?
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

bobbens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is applying casts bugged in .10?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 04:34:29 pm »

I've successfully had a dwarf get a cast applied and cured fully, so it should work in some situations.

morikal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:37:31 pm »

I am finally learning the new healthcare system ( as opposed to simply letting my injured dwarves die) and have a farmer with a broken leg.  So far he has had some minor injuries sutured and dressed, but now that my doc is to the point of applying the cast things are going wonky.  The doc will go stand by the patient for a few and then goes and grabs a bucket and heads to a water source, then stands there till he gets tired, drops the bucket and goes to bed, then when he wakes up he starts the process over.  Is this a bug, or is my doc just really slow?

I recall reading about this in the bug tracker. Sounds like its still an open bug.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 10:46:08 pm »

It's happening to me too.  Let me know if you find any work-arounds.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.