Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zoos  (Read 4986 times)

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zoos
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 11:26:37 am »

Caged creatures are dwarven black boxes. They're entirely invulnerable up to magma- and if the cage is made out of magma-proof material, they're immune to that too.
Not any more, dearie: they burn and melt in their cages all right!

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 11:46:21 am »

Well they're immune to drowning at any rate.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 03:21:40 pm »

Hmm I didn't try tossing an occupied cage into my volcano: I'll do and report the results!

EDIT: Ok I tossed a caged goblin hammerman (iron cage) in the exact same spot where my Captain of the Guard (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15096.msg1542115#msg1542115) drowned in the magma sea without taking temperature damage: the goblin was already melting halfway through the chute...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 03:30:10 pm by Golcondio »

Marshall Burns

• Bay Watcher
  • American Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Wire Productions store
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 03:41:21 pm »

And cave-ins. I tried to execute some caged goblins via cave-in, and all it did was blast the cages a few tiles away, with the gobbos in perfect health.
By the way, I design table top RPGs and other games. You can buy some.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 04:59:22 pm »

And cave-ins. I tried to execute some caged goblins via cave-in, and all it did was blast the cages a few tiles away, with the gobbos in perfect health.
What? I thought that cave-ins smashes out of existence anything. At least anything that is not ground.

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 05:20:05 pm »

Always wanted an elephant-in-a-fucking-cage room all of my own, and know  know how
I make  progress

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 05:54:37 pm »

Hmm....wait, questions:
Can you safely make a Zoo outside your Fort? As in when other Goblins come, they'll ignore all the caged wonders lined up in your Trading post and do their business? Will FB's/Megabeasts also ignore them or will they enjoy a quick bite of your caged buffet?

Since it's a building, a destroyer should smash a cage just as they would a statue.

What happens to a creature in a cage when it's knocked over? Do they stay in the wrecked cage or does it release them? Could a person put, I dunno, fifty Giant Desert Scorpions in a cage and stick it out in the middle of nowhere to see if a Troll will topple it?

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 09:51:11 pm »

I've actually had dwarves get bad thoughts from caged animals.

Something like "Was horrified/terrified by a creature in a cage recently". However it's way less common than the good thought, and by the time it even comes up people are already eating/drinking from legendary cooks/brewers in a legendary dining hall and whatnot anyway.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

gornard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 04:41:27 am »

In my latest fort i set up a zoo with a single giant skeletal eagle caged in the centre. It is the most frequent source of parties, but i've yet to see a good or bad thought from it

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 12:44:59 pm »

"Child snatcher, child snatcher, Urist gave him a leg fracture!"
Man, I'd sig this if it wasn't already sigged. :P

Marshall Burns

• Bay Watcher
  • American Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Beyond the Wire Productions store
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 03:00:35 pm »

What? I thought that cave-ins smashes out of existence anything. At least anything that is not ground.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Apparently not, though. So this time I'm putting the cages in a pit, linking them to a lever, sealing off the ramp, and then causing the cave-in.
By the way, I design table top RPGs and other games. You can buy some.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 03:08:51 pm »

Hmm....wait, questions:
Can you safely make a Zoo outside your Fort? As in when other Goblins come, they'll ignore all the caged wonders lined up in your Trading post and do their business? Will FB's/Megabeasts also ignore them or will they enjoy a quick bite of your caged buffet?

Since it's a building, a destroyer should smash a cage just as they would a statue.

No they won't. Cages are ignored by all creatures. I just had about a dozen trolls stroll past over 50 cages, paying no attention to them.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.
Pages: 1 [2]