Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I found a bug in 31.10, how do I report it?  (Read 913 times)

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
I found a bug in 31.10, how do I report it?
« on: July 11, 2010, 09:11:18 pm »

The bug reports forum looks pretty dead, and I can't seem to figure out how the bug tracker works.

The bug is that when I queue coke from bituminous coal in the manager, the job never decrements. It keeps adding jobs to my smelter but never gets resolved. I tested it by queuing 10 coke from the manager. 150 finished bars later I removed the job from the manager queue and there were still 10 coke jobs left in the smelter.

I don't have lignite to test if the bug happens with that too.

Anyway how do I submit this to the bug tracking thingy, or can someone else do it?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:21:11 pm by Passive Fist »

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I found a bug in 31.10, how do I report it?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 09:19:19 pm »

Are you sure you didnt.. like accidentally set it to repeat job?
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Passive Fist

• Bay Watcher
  • Builds everything out of cobaltite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 09:20:15 pm »

Yep. Once I get a dwarf free to be a full-time manager that's how I do all the metal-related jobs.

EDIT: Turns out I do have some lignite, and the bug happens when queuing coke from that via the manager as well, in any amount.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:34:16 pm by Passive Fist »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 10:45:20 pm »

To post on the bug tracker, you'll have to make another account (which will require doing a confirmation email thing). Then, click "view issues" at the top, where you can search and set various filters to check whether your bug's already been submitted by someone else. If you can't find it being there already, click "report issues" to submit a report.

Don't worry about most of the fields, you can set the priority and severity if you want but the only important fields are the required ones marked with the red star.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.