Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Progressively difficult sieges  (Read 588 times)

Arekis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Progressively difficult sieges
« on: July 11, 2010, 11:28:46 pm »

Do sieges get more overwhelming as time goes on?  I've trained about 9 legendary axedwarves that have shredded the last 3-4 years of sieges without skipping a beat in a 10 year-old fort.  Militarily, the most devastating attack I suffered was when a FB breathed some mystery vapor and annihilated a full squad of speardwarves.

So, do the sieges get harder or is there anything in-between that and HFS?

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Progressively difficult sieges
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 11:33:24 pm »

sieges will get harder and harder the more wealthy and powerful your fort is. It's only gonna get worse kid. Also, forgotten beasts are ALWAYS hard.

Go for Mace and Axe Dwarves, give them the very best equipment you can, and you'll be set.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

rodya_mirov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Progressively difficult sieges
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 01:12:09 am »

sieges will get harder and harder the more wealthy and powerful your fort is. It's only gonna get worse kid. Also, forgotten beasts are ALWAYS hard.

Go for Mace and Axe Dwarves, give them the very best equipment you can, and you'll be set.

Or!  Go for traps.  'T'raps for the beginning, but more elaborate is better.  Dwarfier.  Friend of mine has what he calls "the flusher" - let the whole siege into a very very long hallway, then flood it.  The water's pressurized, so it floats them up about 10 z-levels, then pushes them out to the edge of the map.  Water drains and the siege is killed by the fall.  Only action your dwarves have to take is to flip a couple levers - no muss, no fuss, just automatic slayage.