Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: a funny thing happened to my archers  (Read 406 times)

twinburner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
a funny thing happened to my archers
« on: July 09, 2010, 11:38:26 pm »

Ok so I had 6 crossbowmen set up right? I told them to start killing some guys in a zigzaggy area below them from some fortifications. I'd given them a station order, then used a kill order.....then a ton of them when running out of their station and down into the zigzag to die horribly by attacking in melee? Did I do this wrong somehow? should I have just stationed them and nothing more?

rodya_mirov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: a funny thing happened to my archers
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 11:48:52 pm »

Crossbowmen are completely bugged.  This is fixed in the next patch which will come out in the next few days.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:43:35 am »

What if you closed them off with a door or hatch so they couldn't go down and be forced to shoot pointy things at your enemies?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

twinburner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 02:50:35 am »

going to do that next time, I was just wondering if I'd made an err of some sort. It'll just require some extra timing is all. I have this all set up so the enemy will have to trot back and forth though a hallway of death. the trick is of course that to get them to trot I have to alternate two bridges open and closed and one at least has to open to my fort. so...it's going to be interesting.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 02:57:52 am »

Hell, I used to lock them in back in 40d.  The bug doesn't help, but we do not love military dwarves for their intelligence.